Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Paper craft project no. 492: Java great day!



Hello! Sharing a card for the current challenge at Time Out. There is still a week left to play over there. Time Out is celebrating its 3rd birthday so there are plenty of prizes! For TO's birthday challenge, the theme is Love/Friendship with the optional twist of spotlight stamping.



I went with the theme and twist, but I cheated a bit. I love masking, but I didn't lose my marbles and go on a fussy cutting spree in making this card. (And besides, I don't have more than 15 minutes these days to make a card.) So how did I cheat? Well, I went back to the raw digital file I have for one of the pages in the Color Blooms coloring book, resized it so it would fit on my card base, and then printed it on cardstock. Then I stamped the traveler mug (Anywhere There's Coffee) on the print and colored the blooms inside the image with Tombow dual brush markers. Then I die-cut the sentiment (CUTplorations Java Great Day) twice, colored one of them with a black marker, layered them up, and the card's done. This card's going to a coffee-loving friend :o)


Check out the cards that the TO team + guest designer Ardyth made and then come play with us!

Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to smile :o)


12 comments:

  1. Wow, Shery, what a gorgeous riot of vibrant colour on this spotlighted coffee cup ... the sense of dimension is fantastic! So happy to be on the Time Out DT with you! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow super way to 'cheat'. I wouldn't call it that-I would call it 'creativity' and it works a treat. I love how the colours pop and using the sentiment in white makes the perfect finishing touch. It is a joy having you as part of our DT, your cards inspire every challenge, your style always shines through. Thank you also for all the support you give us with your amazing sponsorship x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool cheat. And there I was thinking you was converting to fussy cutting ROFL. Love this. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous take on the technique Shery!!! I have a whole new way of looking at it. I love the brilliant colors on that wonderful spotlighted mug - and your wonderful new sentiment is just perfect. I love everything about it. Thanks for all you do for us at TO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great technique! Love what you did here. Quick and fun and an eye catcher for sure. Just what I need for today! Thanks Shery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh...I love this! The vibrant colors just scream happiness to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your "cheating" sounds very complex to me and would have taken way more than 15 minutes to make for me, lol! Fabulous card, your colored mug looks very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Shery! That background stamp is so pretty and I love the pop of color on the coffee mug!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, this is totally AWESOME Shery!! I love the spotlighting on your cup!! Great use of the images together!! (I think I need to CASE your idea!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a STUNNER of a Spotlight card Shery. You are soooooooo clever! Gorgeous bright colours. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? If you'd like to share, share it with a smile, please :o) Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...