Saturday, December 20, 2014

Paper craft project no. 319: Warm wishes one layer card


So I spent a couple of hours today making cards. Here's one of them, and it's inspired by the photo over at Inkspirational Challenges :o)


I just happened to have this cityscape silhouette stamp* and it was the perfect stamp to use for the challenge. So I stamped it in black ink and then stamped the snowflakes in chalk ink. I spattered purple ink across my card base and finished by stamping the sentiment. Gotta be one of the quickest cards I've made!

Quick one layer cards seem to be the only cards I'm able to do lately when I barely have time to do much crafting with all the work that keeps piling up. Even DH has noticed that I haven't done much crafting this past couple of weeks; he actually told me to make cards today!

Snippet of our convo this afternoon:

me: I'm hungry.
DH: Okay, I'm going to make us food, but you have to promise me that after we eat, you're going to do some art.
me: Why'd you want me to do that?
DH: Because you barely spent any time at your craft table this week. You haven't even played with the new pastels you got...
me: They're not pastels. They're acrylic paints in tubes, dear.
DH: Pastels, acrylics...all the same to me. Whatever they're called, you need to spend some time playing, okay?

I love my husband! :o)

I'm also going to link this up to the current CASology challenge, where the cue word is "snow."


Thanks for stopping by!

~Shery


SuppliesStamps - Joyful, Vignette: Christmas Block, and Cityscapes from STAMPlorations; Inks - Jet Black Archival from Ranger, Elderberry Memento Dew Drop Ink and Aspen Mist VersaMagic Chalk Ink from Tsukineko; Paper - 100# Classic White Premium Heavy Weight Cardstock from Paper and More


*This stamp as well as a handful of others will be available in the STAMPlorations shop right after Christmas -- specifically in a new category/feature we're introducing. If you like getting great deals on stamps, you'll want to keep an eye in that category of the shop!

15 comments:

  1. What a sweetie DH is!! I am so pleased you did as he said. This OLC is such a great take on our photo, the splashes are a funky take in the fireworks. And Shery you are such an expert on OLC who cares if that is all you do, we love to see them. Great to see you has INK x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! So, another stamp to go on my wish list! It's awesome! Glad to see you over at Ink to. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandie is right, you truly are a one layer expert and this card is just another prove! I love the fun splashes and the snowflake sky. Very cute card! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic combination of these challenges. I love the drama of the black and purple! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful - I love the purple paint splatters on the white background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fantastic card, and I love how you used that City scape scene. Also, your DH sounds like a real keeper! Thanks for playing along at CASology and Merry Christmas. Now, get back to your craft supplies! (and, I'm sure he'd like you to buy yourself a few more stamps, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great urban card, love it. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the purple splatters combined with the cityscape, Shery! Perfect for the challenge and a really cool look :) Glad to see you back at your craft table!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool silhouette stamp and great card you made with it - especially those splatters! Fab one-layer card - as always! Happy Holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you have one great guy who knows just what you need! Sometimes the cards that come easiest are just the cutest. I like the simple lines of this design, coupled with that funky splatter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the snowflake twist and the purple spatters look great and, with the cityscape, capture the essence of our photo. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card looks fabulous Shery - I love the splatters:) And your husband sounds very sweet and supportive too - Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous OLC you have created by order from you hubby.
    Thanks for playing with us at INK. Hope you'll join us again next time :)
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Shery, pleased I've found you. Looks like I might be visiting again, love OL cards and this is just perfect. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? If you'd like to share, share it with a smile, please :o) Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...