Time for a new challenge at The Mixed Media Card Challenge blog. This month's theme is pretty easy: butterflies! The optional element is "gold".
To create my one layer mixed media card, I applied a thin layer of gesso on my card base. I stamped the butterfly in archival ink, took my waterbrush and painted the wings with water before layering various colors (Sakura Koi watercolor and Inktense pencils) and letting the colors drip. Stamped the sentiment, added faux texture with the numbers background, and then finished the card by stamping the grunge newspaper background to create a border.
Linking my card to these fun challenges:
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
- Crafting with Dragonfiles - Card with Butterfly
- Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge #91 - ATG + Add Feathers or Wings
- Simply Create Too #91 - ATG
- 4 Crafty Chicks #257 - ATG
- Addicted to Stamps #155 - Photo (I went with the colors on the photo)
I hope you'll check out the gorgeous mixed media cards that the rest of the design team made and then share your own butterfly-inspired mixed media card by linking it up to the gallery! The challenge doesn't close until August 25 so plenty of time to play with us!
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to smile :o)