Sunday, February 5, 2017

Paper craft project no. 485: XOXO



A funny thing happened on my way to bed after posting this card. As I was tying up a few loose ends on my computer, I made the mistake of reading new emails in my inbox. That's when I saw the current challenge at The Paper Players and I just had to play. (Good excuse to make a card for DH too!)

Also linking this to the current Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - XOXO.

  

Found some black textured cardstock. Applied white Marabu mixed media art crayon over the Doodled Heart stencil. Die-cut the XOXO sentiment three times -- once in white and twice in black -- and layered them up. Felt something was missing so I die-cut some hearts from Clustered Hearts on white cardstock, colored the 3 hearts with red BIC markers, stuck  them in place, and voila! Got a Valentine's day card for DH made in 10 minutes. I'm really, really going to sleep now!

Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to smile :o)


7 comments:

  1. Artsy, clever and masculine...love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shery, I LOVE this card! That heart stencil is fabulous! Love the white on black and the red hearts just pop! Your DH will cherish it! SO happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is gorgeous! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smitten with and crushing over your gorgeous card! The textured paper...brilliant idea! WOWed!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. SHERRY! I am so thrilled that you are playing with our challenge! What a cool, creative card...love the effect of the white on black with the little pops of red....so dramatic! Thanks for sharing this at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? If you'd like to share, share it with a smile, please :o) Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...