To make my card, I inked up my brush stroke stamp and stamped the widest part of the tree. For the next one, I covered both sides with post-it notes before stamping again, and then I repeated that until I got to the top part of the tree. I inked the same stamp with brown ink to create the trunk. For my "star", I took mustard seed Distress paint and simply made a big dot then dragged a palette knife to create the "rays". I stamped the sentiment in black ink. I spattered a bit of fired brick Distress ink to finish the card. This was an easy, quick, and fun one layer card to make!
Linking up my card to these fun challenges:
- Addicted to Stamps & More #126 - Anything Goes with an Optional Twist (I skipped the twist, but I'm hoping I can get another card in with it before the challenge closes!)
- CASology #126 - Snow (the white areas on my brush stroke Christmas tree look like snow)
- Deep Ocean Challenge #93 - Christmas is all around
- Tuesday Throwdown #225 - Christmas
- Cards in Envy - Christmas Carols (mine's Deck the Halls -- I bet you won't be able to look at my card without singing the fa-la-la -- and yes, I stamped the right number of "la-la" in there LOL!)
- Simon Says Wednesday - Winter Inspiration (I went with the snowy forest in the top left)
Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies: Stamps - Vignette: Celebrate Artsy, Joyful from STAMPlorations; Inks/Paints - Sage and Sparrow Mix'd Media Chox from Clearsnap; Jet Black Archival, Fired Brick Distress Ink, and Mustard Seed Distress Paint from Ranger; Paper - 100# Classic White Premium Heavy Weight Cardstock from Paper and More