Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Paper craft project no: 445: Amazing birthday CAS mixed media card


We have a brand new challenge at Time Out. For the next couple of weeks, it's "Theme with a twist" challenge. The theme: masculine; the twist: mixed media (two other elements that add texture and/or dimension).

I went with the theme and twist (die-cuts and stencil) for my card and made this birthday card. I wanted to take one of the brand new CUTplorations dies, Crazy Double-Stitched Rectangles, for a test drive (available beginning July 3; read about product sneak peek here). I used the medium rectangle die then stamped the postage frame, vintage car, and postmark (Gone Postal), as well as the sentiment (Party Time), on the panel. On my card base I applied chipped sapphire Distress ink through an ARTplorations stencil (Bubbles) then I adhered the die-cut panel onto it with foam tape and the card is done.

Check out the cards the team + guest designer Patti made and then link up your own project inspired by the phrase. Sponsoring this challenge is STAMPlorations. We can't wait to see your creations!

Linking up my card to this month's CAS Mix Up Challenge. My extra is stenciling.


Also linking at 613 Avenue Create #180, where it's Anything Goes + optional twist of Create Your Own Challenge. I went with A2 (C1/Card Type), Birthday (C2/Event), and stencil (C3/Trends).


...and CASology #202, where this week it's all about masculine cards.


This month's optional color in the STAMPlorations CAS Card Challenge is blue and the theme in the STAMPlorations Challenge is Stamps & Celebration, so I'm linking my card in both.

  

Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to smile :o)


17 comments:

  1. I really like the look of this new stitched recrangle die...think that will be in my shopping basket! Great combo of all these stamps and superb strong base x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card..love the new stitched rectangle die..perfect masculine card..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your blue stenciled bubbles background makes your main images pop. LOVE your Crazy-Double Stitched Rectangles...looks similar, but different from a sewn edge. The die is going right into my wishlist! Great guy design Shery. TFS my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to mention Shery how pleased I am that you were able to join CAS Mix Up this month. Your card is perfect for our challenge. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome masculine birthday card Shery! I know my hubby would like one of those cars (for real!). :) Fantastic design with the stenciled background. And loving the new double-stitched dies from STAMPlorations. Can't wait for the new release! :) Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that new die, Shery! A great image and I love the stenciling! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those bold blue bubbles are fabulous, Shery ... such a great background for that cool car on the stitched panel! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous masculine card. Love the blue stenciling on the background against the crispness of the foreground. Looking forward to the dies x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card. Love the crisp background and cool focal point. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shery, this is so awesome! Love the colorful background behind the black/white themed main panel! This is one fantastic masculine design!!!
    Thank you so much for joining us over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your graphic design and that pop of blue and red really are eye-catching! Thanks for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card Shery! I love the blue with the black! Great images and stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card has so awesome details and I love the way the new dies look, congrats on this new venture... And thanks for being such a generous sponsor!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AMAZING card linked up in the STAMP gallery Shery -great use of the stencil! Thank you so much for linking with us at STAMPlorations this month! ;) ;)
    Suchi- DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous masculine card Shery, I love the black and white against the bright background xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! New stamps and die cuts looks so much fun, :). Love the layout of the images and pop of blue from the back. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations June challenge, hope to see you again in July's. :=D

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? If you'd like to share, share it with a smile, please :o) Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...