Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Paper craft project no. 378: Mixed Media Triptych


I found a little time earlier today to make a mixed media project. I went for 3 -- a triptych -- and used monoprints that have been sitting in my stash for months. This project was a nice break for me, what with all the baby preparations my dear hubby and I have been doing. I have been needing some artsy time even for just an hour.

Our little one is coming in 6 weeks (fingers crossed she sticks to the schedule). In the last 6 days, we finally managed to buy the essential baby stuff (Pack 'n Play Playard with a reversible napper and changer, a stroller travel system that includes an infant car seat and carrier, a Rock 'n Play sleeper). We also picked up some newborn clothes and small packs of diapers in different brands (we'll commit to buying bulk of one brand once we know our baby won't get a rash or anything). We're still shopping for a baby monitor :o) I have also pre-registered at the hospital where I will deliver (again, I hope the little one will stick to the schedule!), did the hospital tour and saw labor/delivery floor and rooms (this was very reassuring), and attended childbirth education and breastfeeding classes (still have one more class to attend next week). And the hubby is just about done working on our trailer-turned-home-office so we'll start moving a lot of my junk stuff in there and really get down to getting our bedroom baby-ready. (We decided our little one will be staying in our room instead of in a separate room.)

Anyway, back to my project. In addition to my pre-made monoprints, I used gesso, Dylusions acrylic paints, watercolor, and STAMPlorations stamps (Trendy Birds, Follow Your Arrow, and Mixed Media Grunge). I have a tutorial on how I created my triptych and you can see the step-by-step photos here, including a super short video (1 minute, 30 seconds) showing how I pulled the monoprints. Here are close-ups of each:




I'm linking my project to these fun challenges:


Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to smile :o)

~Shery

8 comments:

  1. Happy you're with us in the TIMI challenge from the Craft Stamper. Gorgeous project!
    xxx Ellie Knol xxx

    PS - hope delivery will be OK, enjoy, even now..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so vibrant and sunny! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all 3 of your art panels Shery. I had so much fun making a card today for Becca's Birthday Bash using my new Fond Expressions 2 stamp set by "you" :-) I am so happy to have sets 1and 2 now. Also used Dee's Blossom Buds on my card. Thank you again my friend for your generous gifts :-) I plan to use my new "Party Mates" set soon too. I do Love New toys, esp. yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All are a symphony of colourful art! Fantastic creations Shery. Keeping my fingers crossed your baby will stick to your schedule ;-)
    Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational Challenges. Hope you will join us again for our next fun challenge :-)
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful project, Shery! The bold colors are strong graphics are fabulous together. Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Shery, I am having so much fun with my new STAMPlorations toys:-) I loved reading about your baby preparations :-) Do you know if you will be having a boy or girl? Or will it be a surprise? Keep us posted my friend. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an eye catching single layer triptych ! Thank you for sharing it with us at Anything But A Card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the vibrant colours on these, Shery! I like the idea of the painted out panel - I never think to do that!! Thanks for linking up to Craft Stamper too :)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? If you'd like to share, share it with a smile, please :o) Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...