Wednesday, February 27, 2019

friends and dreams

  

  

It's been a while! I'm back to share 4 cards featuring 2 new stamp sets: Beautiful Friends and Blossom Dreams. We've got a little hop over on the STAMPlorations blog with Nancy and Tanja sharing beautiful projects featuring these sets as well. A $20 gift code is up for grabs and one lucky commenter will win it. Commenting closes this Saturday, March 2.

  

This is a quick clean and simple card -- I stamped just the cacti repeatedly along the bottom of my card base, colored it with alcohol markers, stamped the sentiment, and finished with matte enamels.



In my second card, I stamped the dog roses all over the card base in Rusty Hinge DOx ink, sprayed a little water to make the ink bleed a bit, and after it dried, sponged more Rusty Hinge DOx and Antique Linen DOx then stamped the grungy script. I stamped the sentiment and then finished the card with matte enamels.



For my third card, I once again stamped I stamped the dog roses all over the card base. This wouldn't be a quick card if I colored the background so I resorted to my favorite way to color large images: using a few grunge/ink splatter stamps (from this set and this set) and stamping them all over. I rather like the artsy look it gives. Next, I die-cut one of the smaller pierced curly frames, stamped the sentiment, and adhered it to the card base with foam tape.



For  my last card, I white embossed the hibiscus and used Inktense pencils to watercolor the image. I added purple and blue splatters then stamped the sentiment. I think this is my favorite from the lot :o)

Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to smile :o)


24 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful cards Shery. I love the third one. Th splashes of colours are so pretty. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Four beautifully creative and artsy One Layer card designs, Shery. I love all your sentiments from the new stamp sets and am so happy to be one of your samplers along with Tanja, using the Blossom Dreams and Beautiful Friends sets. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so pretty! Love the variety of sentiments in these new sets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Four FABULOUS cards Shery! They are all so pretty but I think my favorite is your 3rd card...I just LOVE the way you colored those dog roses...so artsy and BEAUTIFUL!! And of course the sentiments on all of them are AMAZING!! Lovely, lovely set of cards!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all beautiful and I love the sentiments as focal point. My favorite is the first one because it's so simple, yet really makes an impact.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sentiments, great cards. Love the last one - that beautiful flower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is always wonderful to see what you are up to Shery - happy you are finding time to craft - I do love your products and encourage people to enter and shop - I wish you a fab day and thanks again for all you do for those who visit with your fabulous GC and prizes - blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic selection of cards Sheri, My favourite is the the hibiscus :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love these, the colors, the products, the designs......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards turned out fantastic and the new release sentiment are placed perfectly....tfs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards, my favorite is the Hibiscus.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your four cards are so inspirational, artsy, unique and down right glorious! Thank you x.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such GORGEOUS CARDS! I love all the colors! I really like the yellow-orange one!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty and colorful cards showcasing these sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards! Love all the different ways you used the greeting stamp. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all four of these unique cards, but I think that yellow one is extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are all amazing but I really love the one in blue, and third card with all those cheerful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful collection of cards highlighting the two sentiment stamps, Shery. Love that they are all so different. I especualy adore the last hibiscus card... love blue and the splatters. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. STUNNING cards - the last one blew me away - so pretty!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are all so beautiful! Loving the new word art stamps and I definitely have to try your quick colouring technique! I really love the outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  21. All are gorgeous! But I agree with you, the white embossed Hibisus is my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous cards! I love how you paired the fun and playful sentiments with such a variety of designs - fun, pretty, bold and elegant. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are all so beautiful!! I have to say that the last one with the white embossing is my favorite!! So, so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow, I just love your design, it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? If you'd like to share, share it with a smile, please :o) Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...