At Time Out Challenges, the challenge is Home Sweet Home -- and we have a photo to inspire you!
I was inspired by the colors and the brick-like design. To make my mixed media card, I started by covering my card base with gesso. Next I dabbed spiced marmalade and barn door Distress paints and then spritzed a little water over the paints to let them blend and run. Once dry, I stamped various images (from Trendy Birds, Mixed Media Grunge, and Bloom Factory) in rich cocoa Memento Luxe ink and heat set. Then I took the ARTplorations Gridlocked stencil and partially stenciled around with modeling paste. I grunged it up a bit by sponging chrome and coffee archival inks over the modeling paste. I finished the card by adhering the banner where I had stamped the sentiment (Hashtag Authentic) in Delicata gold ink.
What will you create based on the inspiration photo? Don't forget to link up to the challenge! Check out what the TO design team made, as well as our guest designer this round: the lovely Sue from Foleysfriend!
Linking up to these fun challenges:
- Crafty Gals Corner #25 - ATG
- Inspiration Destination #39 - ATG
- Penny's Paper-Crafty #233 - ATG
- Word Art Wednesday #189 - ATG/Family Friendly
- Clear It Out Challenge - Your Style & Favorite Craft Product (my style is mixed media; used several of my favorite stash in my card: gesso, Distress paints, and modeling paste!)
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to smile :o)