Wednesday, November 14, 2018

merry


Sharing a card I made to remind ya'll that there's still about a week left to play at Time Out. It's a Home Sweet Home challenge -- where you get to be inspired by this photo:


I look at the photo and wish our bedroom were as tidy. But with a super-active 3-year-old and an equally active almost-one-year-old, our bedroom--nay, the entire house--looks more like a tornado goes through it every single day. But then again, I have a house that's always full of laughter and the sound of happy feet so I guess a less-than-tidy house isn't something I should lose sleep over ;o)

Anyway, I created my card by dry embossing the holiday words directly on my card base before die-cutting the funky Christmas tree. Then I simply sponged Distress Oxide inks all over, added a little bit of interest and texture by stamping some grungy stamps, and then finishing it off with the die-cut sentiment.

Hope you'll stop by the TO blog and play. Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to smile :o)


5 comments:

  1. This one almost jumped of my screen :) Love the bold and bright green; looks so good and festive! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just jumps out at you, so lovely and bright and what a fab bright sentiment. Great to have you with us again....and a house full of laughter is much better than a tidy house!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..Merry and Bright background for your beautiful die cut tree. TFS Shery. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bright and vibrant, so fun and festive, Shery! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo it's so good to have you with us Shery! This mixed media beauty is bright, and bold, happy and festive! I love that wonderful white negative space makes that tree jump off the card. Just a fantastic creation!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? If you'd like to share, share it with a smile, please :o) Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...