Wednesday, December 12, 2018

merry Christmas



Here's to remind you that there's still a week left in the current challenge at Time Out Challenges. This time around, the challenge is to be JOYFUL.


If you're still making Christmas cards, the challenge is easy peasy...after all, Christmas is a joyful event! For my one layer Christmas card, I used a mask (one of at least 16 new ARTplorations masks that will be available in January under my Bloomdala Bliss series). The mask looks like it could pass for a poinsettia so I placed it over my card base and sponged red and green inks -- I didn't try to do a smooth blending through the mask, as I wanted to get a rustic/rough look instead. I combined this stamp with this stamp to form my joyful sentiment and then finished the card by stamping the grunge dotted border all around.

I hope you'll come play with us and take time out to craft! 

Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to smile :o)


Playing along at these fun places:

6 comments:

  1. I love the arty look of not doing the smooth plenty-fits perfectly with the edge-fab rustic look x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining us at challenge The Crafty Addicts
    DT Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I saw a stylised poinsettia, Shery ... and it's fabulous ... the soft stencilling is just lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful, Shery. I love the way you varied the application of ink in the stencilling. I am loving your egde treatment. I also love the two very different fonts on the sentiment. Great card, Shery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Love the bolt and traditional colours. Thank you so much for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenge and we love to see your Christmas cards next year! Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? If you'd like to share, share it with a smile, please :o) Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...